Jean Blaydes Moize
Action Based Learning
• Elementary Physical Educator with 30 years teaching experience.
• Bachelor's Degree from SMU in 1969, Masters of Education, Kinesiology from East Texas State University in
1992, Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Gratz College in 2014
• 2013 National Association of Sport and Physical Education NASPE Distinguished Service Award
• Richardson Independent School District Teacher of the Year 1992
• Texas Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year 1992
• NASPE Southern District Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year 1993 representing 13 states
• Texas Association of Health Physical Education Recreation and Dance (TAHPERD) Honor Award 1997,
TAHPERD Media Award 1998, and PEPI Award.
• 2005 Advocate of the Year Award from PE4LIFE
• Presenter, keynote speaker, and workshop facilitator on the subjects of brain theory supporting movement's
link to learning by teaching academic subjects kinesthetically. Has presented workshops internationally in 10
foreign countries and nationally in all 50 states.
• Eric Jensen certified Master Presenter and featured presenter at the Brain Expo. Trained with Dr. John
Ratey, Dr. Robert Sylwester, Eric Jensen, Pat Wolfe, Rich Allen, Carla Hannaford and Susan Kovalik.
• Action Based Learning was featured on Good Morning America and numerous TV spots nationwide. Jean
has been featured on radio, TV, and in newspapers advocating children's health and learning. Advocates for
youth fitness on state and national congressional levels.
• Featured in the videos How to Make Learning a Moving Experience and Teaching the Teen Brain, by the
Virginia Department of Education. Author of Thinking on Your Feet: A Year’s Worth of Lesson Plans, Action
Based LearningTM Lab Manual, Body Brain Adventure LAB Manual
• Author of articles on Brain Research and Movements Link to Learning in the TAHPERD Journal, American
Heart Association, Texas ASCD Leader of Learners, Parenting Magazine, TEPE, Kimbo Educational. SEEN
Magazine, ACHPER Journal and Language Magazine.
Eric Jensen, author and presenter says "Jean Blaydes Madigan is one dynamic, smart, role-modeling lighthouse for all of us trying to integrate more movement into the learning, a sizzling leader in the field!"
Dr. Rich Allen, master of facilitation skills says: "Jean Blaydes Madigan is one of the most dynamic and inspirational presenters on the educational scene today, one of the few "don't miss" trainers in the brain based field. She combines high-level presentations with groundbreaking content to create workshops that are truly topnotch."